Thursday, May 19, 2011

Blog 16: Type CATW practice 3

The passage "How to Do One Thing at a Time" tells us that people who do one thing at a time have a better chance of doing an activity correct, rather than people who multi-task. In stand for university they experimented. They gathered a group of people, and split them up. One group spent 30 minutes chatting, writing a short essay, and making a play list; these are the multi-taskers. The other group did the same things but instead of doing it all at the same time, they spent 10 minutes for each thing. Their results were that people did a better job by doing one thing at a time instead of doing everything at once.

            I do agree that it’s better to do one thing at a time instead of multi-tasking. From personal experience there was this one time when I had to do my h.w help my brother with his h.w, and cook. As a result my h.w was wrong my brother missed 2 questions and the food was over cooked. I’m positive I would have done everything better, if I took my time and focused on each thing at a time. I also agree that multi-tasking isn’t the right thing because my friend tries at times but ends up barely finishing anything.

The authors main idea of the passage was to inform us that multi-tasking prevents out brain from been able to do anything correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment